Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that can seem a bit repetitive when it comes to gift giving.Unfortunately, the standard go to gifts of flowers and plain boxed candy just aren’t that popular as in days gone by. Creating memories is key so here in lies an opportunity to add some interactivity and unpredictability on that special day of LOVE. Pick up that trusty mobile device of yours and do a little research. Get creative and look for interactive and tantalizing experiences that will thrill your loved one. Still need help? Here are a few suggestions from the Experimac Midtown Atlanta staff:
- Take a Cooking Class – They say cooking is a way to the heart, so why not take a cooking class together? (You won't even have to do the dishes after!) A local culinary school or culinary retailer may offer cooking, baking, or sushi-making courses that will be sure to enhance your culinary skills.
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt - If you're feeling ambitious, plan out a scavenger hunt! Leave notes hidden away at places you perhaps went on special dates or have a significant memory of. It will be a great trip down memory lane as well as a fun-filled activity.
- Learn to Make Chocolate - Forget forking up the money to buy pre-boxed chocolates; why not learn how to make heart-shaped truffles yourself?
- Get Competitive - Shoot some pool, play a round of golf, challenge each other to a game of ping-pong, and find yourself enjoying the activity but also a little friendly competition.
- Volunteer - Since Valentine's Day is all about the celebration of love, consider volunteering your time as a couple at a soup kitchen, local church, or nursing home and make someone else feel loved. You will not only make a difference in someone else's life, but the bond of volunteering together is also a romantic, feel-good feeling that will last a lifetime.