One of the things I hear quite often from our customers is that they are confused by iCloud and don’t know how it works or how it can benefit them. Don’t feel bad if you are in the same position, I was just as clueless when I opened Experimac of Madison and I continue to learn everyday. So what is the benefit of using iCloud and how can it make your life easier? Let’s see if we can answer that by answering some other questions first.
- What is the iCloud?
iCloud is a service that Apple® provides with their devices so you can access information on all your devices. For example, if you go to see your child play baseball and take pictures as they are at bat, you will automatically have access to those pictures on your MacBook Pro® or iMac® when you get home without having to manually transfer them.
- How do I set up an iCloud Account?
Follow the steps in this link and it will guide you how to set up your iCloud.
- How do I open iCloud on my device?
There are multiple ways you can access your files in iCloud Drive:
- Using any supported web browser, you can use iCloud Drive at com.
- On your Mac, you can go to iCloud Drive in Finder.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, you can access your files from the iCloud Drive app.
- On your PC with Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows, you can go to iCloud Drive in File Explorer.
When you add your Desktop and Documents
to iCloud Drive, all of your files move to iCloud. On your Mac, you can find the files on your Desktop and in your Documents folder in Finder under iCloud. If you add a second Mac Desktop, you'll find those files in the Desktop folder in iCloud Drive. A folder is created with the same name as your second Mac.
- How to set my devices to automatically backup to iCloud?
For information on how to set your various devices to backup automatically, just click this link below for instructions on how to backup your device to iCloud.
- What all can I do with iCloud Drive?
- Store all of your documents in one place from any of your devices
- Keep files and folders up to date across all your devices
- Create new files and folders from iCloud-enabled apps
- Work on the same file across multiple apps
- Access the files from your Mac Desktop and Documents folder everywhere that you use iCloud Drive
In conclusion, I would like to add how setting up folders in my iCloud has saved me tons of time. When I was setting up this business everyday I would have someone call me and ask for some document. I would have to stop what I was doing or try and remember when I got back to my computer to send it to them. Now I store all my invoices and other documents in separate folders on my iCloud Drive and now I can easily access them and send them from my phone. Saving me lots of time. I hope this has been helpful. Please visit us at Experimac of Madison